Monday, August 9, 2010

Current likings (randoms, people, skincare)

1.) Kate Lanphear

Elle style director: She is beautiful and her hair is awesome. !

 

2.) Manetti Roberts Acqua Distillate Alle Rose (distilled rose water):

All-over body toner, softener. Traditional, historical rose water commonly use in Europe and Asia. Just ordered a couple from Amazon. Very inexpensive for the large amount. Can't wait.

 

3.) Kiehl's 'Milk, Honey & Almond' exfoliating scrub

For the past two or more months, I have been using the Kiehl's 'Milk, Honey and Almond' exfoliating scrub. It provides such a nice, smooth texture to my skin. I use it at least two-three times a week alongside a panthenol cleanser, which is usually sold at any face & body spa. So far, I love everything about this combination. The scrub itself consists of medium-sized grains, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable or harsh. I don't mind either way. I like that the grains are bigger because I like to think it's working better, WHICH IS NOT necessarily true or good for you, depending on your skin type.

I love how this scrub does not make my skin feel dry or stretchy after usage. It also contains mostly natural, organic ingredients (a Kiehl's specialty), including (obviously) milk, honey, and almond. All soothing, nourishing, moisturizing and cleaning ingredients.

The scent of the product is tolerable, however, once on my face and when I begin to actually work through the product, it begins to smell a bit peculiar. I have been trying to figure out what to relate the scent to, and really, the only thing I can think of is 'chicken nuggets,' WHICH is disgusting, but I could most definitely be wrong. I am no scent expert. Truly.

I would recommend using this not only on your face, but as an all over body scrub. It helps with acne, dryness and other skin problems or inconveniences. It really provides a smooth, flawless feeling. Be cautious if you have sensitive skin as the grains may cause redness (temporarily). It's one of my favorite exfoliating scrubs and I intend to use this to the very end.

 

4.) Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate

I have only been sampling this product for one week and so far I have found that it does smooth out the skin and deliver a very noticeable improvement in skin texture and lines, as all the ingredients are supposed to do. It feels like a primer would, however I wouldn't use this as one. I was my face, pat it dry, apply this serum and then continue with moisturizer, etc. This product, once activated from blending into the skin, becomes warm and silky. The scent is interesting...I won't even attempt to describe it.

This particular product contains 10.5% pure Vitamin C and as most know, this particular ingredient is often found in skincare and has a natural 'affinity with skin'.This product is safe to use around the eye-area and everywhere else on the face. I usually have a problem with makeup settling into my 'marionette line' but since using this (alongside Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base), I have not noticed any 'settlement' or separation in makeup. From the ingredients and general idea, it seems as though this is a wonderful product to use for preventative measures. With all the environmental pollutants, bad habits, partying and careless makeup/skincare application- people are only speeding up their aging process and if you don't notice it now, you will one day...suddenly...so be smart and start beating the clock.

I plan to buy a bottle of this. It's around $56 but I am searching for some deals (eBay, Amazon, etc).

 

5.) FIX+ by MAC cosmetics

I am well-known for just randomly spraying this lovely product on people, only because I love it so much and I love refreshing my peers.

It must be the obscenely hot weather, but I am getting through this mist as though I'm actually drinking it. I mix it with my moisturizer (I am trying out a Bobbi Brown one, though I mostly use a Kiehl's Panthenol Protein cream); I mix it with my cream foundations and concealers; I immediately use it after showering and washing my face; I really simply love it. It has to be one of my favorite MAC products.

Basically, what it does, is it locks moisture into the skin. It also fends off any air pollutants by creating a barrier. You can use it before makeup application and/or after. If you use it over powder foundation/setting powder, it will moisten the surface a bit allowing makeup to set a little faster. I absolutely love it, especially in terrible, humid and sticky weather like now. The ingredients are very soothing and refreshing (mineral water, green tea, chamomile, suji and cucumber). As MAC people say, "Your skin drinks it up!"

 

6.) Hipstamatic iPhone Application

You can download for $1.99 and it's really addicting, fun and beautiful. A little confusing to use at first but the website (http://www.hipstamaticapp.com/) does a good job explaining. Great for all us 'hipster', vintage-loving-emulating consumers.

 

7.) Nicole Richie

She's funny, pretty and effortlessly stylish and witty. Do I want to be her friend? YES.

 

8.) Goldie Hawn in 'Overboard'

Goldie Hawn is fabulous, so talented and definitely a Hollywood gem. Her movies are enjoyable and her delivery is always seemingly genuine and spot-on. 'Overboard' is definitely one of my favorite films; it's a quintessential 'feel-good' movie. My main favorite part of the movie is the costuming. So glamorous, very 1980's resort, big-shouldered, sequined but seriously eye-catching and stunning. I'm really surprised I couldn't find more photographs online (better quality ones, at least).

9.) 'Death Becomes Her'  

Also one   of my all-time favorites; gruesomely beautiful. In love with Meryl Streep.


10.) Michelle Obama

Moms, future and/or aspiring female politicians, educators, entrepreneurs, etc.: take a look at the 'New York Fashion' Michelle Obama 'look-book': http://www.nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/04/michelle_obama_slideshow.html

It consists of almost every outfit the First Lady has worn since inauguration 2009 (which is still one of my favorite outfits on anyone, really):

Her makeup is always appropriate and her style is approachable, but elegant. She really knows (or her stylist really knows) how to work with her figure, and she provides great help to numerous women who genuinely believe designers and retailers have 'nothing' for their tall, athletic frame. Not true, and no one can really argue that point because the First Lady herself shops at some of the retailers as us common people (Target, J Crew, Talbots, Banana Republic, etc). *sassy face*

Posted via email from shaheera's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment